WordPress is now the most popular Content Management System on the planet. With over 70 million websites using WordPress, its growth can’t be denied. Our WordPress web development team have the experience to completely customize a WordPress site for your business that is easy to manage, user friendly, and scalable for later WordPress versions and add-ons for the future of the growth of your business.
The ease of use from the client side of WordPress is undeniably the best part of a WordPress website. Due to the simplicity and modifications that are available for WordPress, it has become more than just a blogging platform now being used for all kind of web projects including Feed Agregators, Portals, Question and Answer websites and many others. Adding content, images, links, and even plug-ins can be done quickly giving business owners the peace of mind they don’t need to hire a WordPress web developer every time they need to make a change to their website.
Here are some key features of WordPress:
* Full standards compliance —Every bit of WordPress generated code is in full compliance with the standards of the W3C.
* No rebuilding — Changes you make to your templates or entries are reflected immediately on your site, with no need for regenerating static pages.
* WordPress Pages — Pages allow you to manage non-blog content easily, so for example you could have a static "About" page that you manage through WordPress. For an idea of how powerful this is, the entire WordPress.org site could be run off WordPress alone.
* WordPress Links -- Links allow you to create, maintain, and update any number of blogrolls through your administration interface.
* WordPress Themes — WordPress comes with a full theme system which makes designing everything from the simplest blog to the most complicated webzine a piece of cake, and you can even have multiple themes with totally different looks that you switch with a single click.
* Cross-blog communication tools— WordPress fully supports both the Trackback and Pingback standards, and we are committed to supporting future standards as they develop.
* Comments — Visitors to your site can leave comments on individual entries and through Trackback or Pingback can comment on their own site. You can enable or disable comments on a per-post basis.
* Spam protection — Out of the box WordPress comes with very robust tools such as an integrated blacklist and open proxy checker to manage and eliminate comment spam on your blog, and there is also a rich array of plugins that can take this functionality a step further.
* Full user registration — WordPress has a built-in user registration system that (if you choose) can allow people to register and maintain profiles and leave authenticated comments on your blog. You can optionally close comments for non-registered users. There are also plugins that hide posts from lower level users.
* Password Protected Posts — You can give passwords to individual posts to hide them from the public. You can also have private posts which are viewable only by their author.
* Easy installation and upgrades — Installing WordPress and upgrading from previous versions and other software is a piece of cake. Try it and you'll wonder why all web software isn't this easy.
* XML-RPC interface — WordPress currently supports an extended version of the Blogger API, MetaWeblog API, and finally the MovableType API.
* Workflow — You can have types of users that can only post drafts, not publish to the front page.
* Intelligent text formatting — If you've dealt with systems that convert new lines to line breaks before you know why they have a bad name: if you have any sort of HTML they butcher it by putting tags after every new line indiscriminately, breaking your formatting and validation. WordPress’ function for this intelligently avoids places where you already have breaks and block-level HTML tags, so you can leave it on without worrying about it breaking your code.
* Multiple authors — WordPress’ highly advanced user system allows up to 10 levels of users, with different levels having different (and configurable) privileges with regard to publishing, editing, options, and other users.
* Bookmarklets — Cross-browser bookmarklets make it easy to publish to your blog or add links to your blogroll with a minimum of effort.
*Ping away — WordPress supports pinging Ping-O-Matic, which means maximum exposure for your blog to search engines.
While every CMS has its limitatations and upsides and downsides, WordPress is a tried and true platform and it shouldn’t be a surprise that it’s the most popular CMS out there. Our Wordpress Web Development team can bring your current WordPress site up to the latest version and bring it back to life with a new design and functionality that it might be lacking from years of neglect. And if you’re in the market for a completely new WordPress website, our WordPress web developers can get everything in motion to a industry leading design to functionality that will make your competitors speechless. Give us a call today and let our WordPress web developers bring your ideas to life.